Do you know?
A little knowledge of gloves can go a long way.
In this article, we will be explaining 3 mistakes that you should not commit to using them for a longer time.
#1. Don’t wear or take off your gloves in the wrong way
Your gloves can last for a longer time with minimum wear and tear by keeping these glove etiquettes in mind.
When you put on your gloves, fold over their cuff, and gently pull over your hands. Smooth down your fingers for a right and tight fit. When it comes to removing your gloves, gently pull the top of each finger and thumb, allowing you to gently slide the gloves off your hand. Unpop the fastening first of there is a strap on your glove.
#2. Don’t wear gloves when they get too dirty
No matter how hard you try, things can’t stay pristine forever. You can prevent your gloves from stains by following these things:
If you’re not wearing your gloves, gently pick your gloves, pull them into their shape, and lay them flat. Now store them in a cool place, like a cabinet’s drawer or car’s glove box. Keep them away from any liquids and dirt.
What to do if your gloves get dirty?
- For wet gloves – Smooth them out and let them dry naturally. Don’t use any external heat source, such as a hairdryer, radiator, or the sun to dry your gloves.
- For heavy soiling – if you have Deerskin Thinsulate gloves, get them dry-cleaned from professional leather dry cleaners.
- For light soiling (that hasn’t dried in yet) –
- Put your body wash in hot water to prepare a solution.
- Now dip a clean cloth in the solution and gently sponge down the outside leather of the gloves
- Try not to saturate the leather and dab off any excess moisture or wetness with a clean dry cloth
- Allow the gloves to dry naturally
- Wear your gloves during the drying process. This will stretch the leather and restore the shape of the gloves according to your hands.
You can also use a proprietary leather cleaner or conditioner to clean your gloves. However, ensure that you read the instructions carefully before using it.
#3. DON’T buy the wrong size
Nothing is worse than wearing the wrong fit gloves. Ensure to buy the gloves that are fit for your hands. Don’t buy too baggy or too tight gloves.
You can check out the right size fit for your glove here!
If you’re planning to buy a bulk amount of work gloves in wholesale, do let us know in the comment section!